Monday, December 24, 2012

Book Review: Pantomime by Laura Lam

Pantomime
by Laura Lam
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

R. H. Ragona’s Circus of Magic is the greatest circus of Ellada. Nestled among the glowing blue Penglass—remnants of a mysterious civilisation long gone—are wonders beyond the wildest imagination. It’s a place where anything seems possible, where if you close your eyes you can believe that the magic and knowledge of the vanished Chimaera is still there. It’s a place where anyone can hide.

Iphigenia Laurus, or Gene, the daughter of a noble family, is uncomfortable in corsets and crinoline, and prefers climbing trees to debutante balls. Micah Grey, a runaway living on the streets, joins the circus as an aerialist’s apprentice and soon becomes the circus’s rising star.

But Gene and Micah have balancing acts of their own to perform, and a secret in their blood that could unlock the mysteries of Ellada.

OH MY GOD!

When you get this book, you must follow my instructions. . .exactly!

First: SIT DOWN IN A CHAIR (it doesn't matter where).



Second: OPEN THE BOOK



THIRD: (Optional) Smell the scent of dark, edgy sucess!

Four: Strap on your seat belt...

Because this is an emotional roller coaster ride, BABY!



I don't read many books that don't have sex in it. This book doesn't have sex! And I LOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEDDD this book!

You won't read a book that is this amazing again. To describe the main character is to give the spoiler away...and then even when you know the spoiler, STILL, you must read this book!

One can not truly spoil this character's journey, and it is a journey. The character is learning about its own identity, and as the character learn, we learn. We grow with the character.

And the circus....

OH GOD!



It craps all over Night Circus and other fake books about circus performances and life. This book draws you in.

I believe that I can place acrobat performer on my resume now!

I enjoyed this story so much I lost sleep devouring it. In fact, I am no longer a hot and sexy black woman . . . I now know what I was meant to be.

I am this guy....



and I'm joining the circus!!!!!!!!! I am Micah Grey. . . and Gene if your nasty!




5 comments:

  1. This may be forward of me but, I am head over heels in love with your blog and this review! You officially have a new stalker, er um I mean fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it's possible to be too forward on a blog whose theme is a giant bed. :P

    Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete