Monday, January 21, 2013

Book Review: Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk

SurvivorSurvivor by Chuck Palahniuk




Favorite Quote: "The craving inside of me is to be clutched at by some dead girl. To put my ear to her chest and be hearing nothing. Even getting munched on by zombies beats the idea that I'm only flesh and blood, skin and bone. Demon or angel or evil spirit, I just need something to show itself. Ghoulie or ghosty or long-legged beastie, I just want my hand held."






This book starts on a plane that's going down. . .













That's definetly not a bad way to start.
However when I ended this book I was like. . .huh?










And truthfully throughout the book it was just unusally odd and entertaining. It's just like looking at this:















Like watching this banana booger guy, you can't look away. You want to know what happens, but has your life improved from checking it out? I don't quite know. I mean. . . I do love bananas.


The rating for this book is difficult cause sometimes I was like OH MY GOD HE IS A GENIUS!


Other times I was like.........Say What?













Therefore I will give it a strong 3 stars and reccommend this to readers who like a dark gritty edge to their literary fiction BUT are able to forgive things that you don't understand.



No comments:

Post a Comment